The European Centre of Excellence for Countering Hybrid Threats (Hybrid CoE) is seeking a SENIOR ANALYST to be in charge of its safeguarding democratic processes workstrand. This workstrand is situated in the Centre’s Community of Interest (COI) for Hybrid Influence (HI).
The safeguarding democratic processes workstrand covers a broad remit, including disinformation, strategic communications, open-source intelligence, engagement between governments and the private sector (particularly social media companies), and the delivery of training to help prevent election interference.
The senior analyst will lead the work so that it continues to meet Hybrid CoE’s core goal of improving the capability of its Participating States to counter hybrid threats, particularly in the fields of disinformation and strategic communications. This will include:
- Developing the work to ensure that it reflects the latest developments and thinking in the fast-moving field of threats to democratic processes.
- Acting as a point of expertise within Hybrid CoE on disinformation, strategic communications and related topics.
- Managing the project’s budget to deliver the best value for money.
- Forming a broader part of COI HI and Hybrid CoE’s team, supporting the Centre in delivering its overall goals and ensuring a supportive, welcoming atmosphere.
Requirements for the position:
- A strong professional and academic background in disinformation and/or strategic communications, or similar applicable skill set. Experience in the EU or NATO context (for example at the StratCom COE) would be very valuable. Experience in developing the skills of others in these areas (for example through training or exercises) would also be an advantage.
- At least five years’ experience working in a project or programme management environment.
- Stakeholder management skills and the ability to work as part of a team.
Citizenship of one of Hybrid CoE’s Participating States and a good command of spoken and written English are other key requirements. A security clearance will be required. We offer an interesting and dynamic position in a stimulating international environment. The European Centre of Excellence for Countering Hybrid Threats is an international expert organization of 30 Participating States, with a Secretariat in Helsinki, Finland. The Centre employs around 40 experts of different nationalities, and the working language is English.
Hybrid CoE’s mission is to improve the preparedness and capabilities of its Participating States in countering hybrid threats, and to strengthen cooperation between the European Union and NATO in this respect. Hybrid CoE operates through networks of governmental officials, researchers and representatives of the private sector, whose activities are managed and coordinated by the Secretariat.
Applications including a letter of motivation, full CV and salary request should be submitted no later than 24.9.2021 by 16.00 CET to email@example.com. For further information, please contact Stuart Mackie, Director of Hybrid Influence: firstname.lastname@example.org